4 high tower is ideal for printing daily newspapers, periodicals, posters, books and circular printing with variety in colours and pagination and capable of printing 4 colour on either side of the web (4+4) 4 high tower is ideal for printing daily newspapers, periodicals, posters, books and circular printing with variety in colours and pagination and capable of printing 4 colour on either side of the web (4+4)
Introduction and Standard Features
- Screw-type swing-down ink fountain with overrides for ink fountain roller.
- Dynamically-balanced hard chrome plated solid plate and blanket cylinders.
- On the nose, slit or spring-type plate lock-up system.
- Manual side register system for both plate cylinders, on the run.
- Electro-mechanical web-break detector.
- Safety guards.
- Centralized oil pressure lubrication for drive gears.
- Provision for printing 4 colours on both sides of one web, or 2 colours on both sides of two webs, or single colour on both sides of three webs.
- Heavy-duty timer belt drive for 4 stack units.
- On the run manual adjustment for registration of 4 colours on each side of web.
- Variable-speed motorized dampening.
|Particulars||508 mm (20″)||533 mm (20.98″)||546mm (21.5″)||560mm (22″)||578mm (22.75″)|
|Printing speed||16000 – 36000 CPH||16000 – 36000 CPH||16000 – 36000 CPH||16000 – 36000 CPH||16000 – 36000 CPH|
|Plate Width||889 mm (35″)||889 mm (35″)||889 mm (35″)||889 mm (35″)||889 mm (35″)|
|Plate Length (Unbent) (Slit type)||539mm||564mm||577mm||591mm||609mm|
|Blanket Length (‘T’ Bar Type including bars)||556mm||581mm||594mm||608mm||626mm|
|Blanket Length (Narrow-gap including bars)||580mm||605mm||618mm||632mm||650mm|
|Blanket Thickness (including packing)||1.65+0.45||1.65+0.45||1.65+0.45||1.65+0.45||1.65+0.45|
|Reel Diameter (Max)||1070mm (42″)||1070mm (42″)||1070mm (42″)||1070mm (42″)||1070mm (42″)|
|Printing Length (Max)’T’ Bar Type Blanket||482mm||507mm||520mm||534mm||552mm|
|Printing Length (Max) Narrow-gap Blanket||490mm||515mm||528mms||542mm||560mm|
|Paper gsm (uncoated)||38-80gsm||38-80gsm||38-80gsm||38-80gsm||38-80gsm|
- Cloth Dampening :- Comprising one form roller, a chrome-plated oscillating drum, a transfer roller and a motor-driven fountain roller, which can be regulated independently of press speed for precise control, continuous-feed dampening system is reliable and easy to use. Provision has been made to connect to a dampener solution circulation system
Brush Dampening (option)
- The contactless Brushmist Dampening System incorporates independently variable-speed, motorized, stainless steel dampener fountain rollers, chrome-plated dampener vibrator rollers, rubber dampener form rollers and stainless steel trays with inlet/ outlet. This roller train ensures a uniform water film onto the plate mounted on the plate cylinder.
Spray Dampening (option) :-
- Spray Dampening System is provided in place of Film or Brushiest dampening system. It increase efficiency and print quality, reduced start-up-waste, and savings in water and ink. Short payback makes the spray dampening system a necessary accessory for news paper presses.The system has patented valves allowing a higher spraying cycle frequency, delivery of precise water volumes, and uniform dampening of the plate cylinder.
- Manual registration :- It is the most basic and inexpensive method for registration control and comes as a standard accessory. Lateral and circumferential register control is given on machine itself with easy to use attributes.
- Motorized register system (option) :- As an option BPL offers motorized register system, wherein, an operator can adjust registration laterally and circumferentially from a remote desk. This system offers greater control over the press in comparison to manual system and less manpower requirement. With motorized system, press comes with enclosure doors.
The inking system consists of a swing-down ink fountain which allows easy cleaning. 24 keys/ lever across the width of the ink fountain roller control the ink feed. The ink override control mechanism on the ink fountain roller ensures quick distribution of the ink all along the surface of the roller during printing runs and also easy cleaning of the ink fountain.
The gear-driven roller train (Comprising of copper-plated vibrator rollers, ink transfer and ink form rubber roller, ink feed and ink film on the plate cylinder or plate. Lever-style ink fountain is supplied as an option in BPL presses.
On / Off Controls
- Manual controls :- Manual on/off control is given on the machine itself for regulating ink, water, and impression.
- Pneumatic Controls (option) :- BPL offers highly reliable pneumatic controls for its presses, whereby, an operator can actuate controls for ink, water, and impression from remote desk. This type of control gives operator greater control over the press and it also helps in reducing paper wastage.
- Shafted :- In this system a single drive shaft goes from the folder to the length of the press, driving each printing unit. In this arrangement high capacity motors are installed on the folder, which powers the entire press
- Shaftless (option) :- The shaftless drive option provides excellent control over web tension from reelstand to folder through electronically synchronized AC motors. Which brings optimum control of the web position at all times. Subsequent benefits in press running are:
1 – Easy synchronization of printing units to a folder
2 – Optimum access throughout the press
3 – Faster, easier plate changer for regional editions
4 – Reliable of AC motor drives