The 3 colour satellite is capable of printing 3+0, 2+1 or 1+2 colour combinations on one web. It comprises of three printing couples surrounding by a stainless steel common impression cylinder, which facilitates 3-colour printing.
Introduction and Standard Features
Color satellite features :-
- Lever-type swing-down ink fountain with overrides for ink fountain roller.
- Dynamically-balanced hard chrome plated solid plate and blanket cylinders
- Stainless steel, dynamically-balanced main impression cylinder
- On the nose, slit or spring-type plate lock-up system
- On the run manual side register system for all plate cylinders
- Running circumferential register on two plate cylinders on the drive side
- Electro-mechanical web-break detector
- Safety guards
- Centralized oil pressure lubrication for drive gears
- Provision for printing 3 colours on one side of web or 2 colours on one side and 1 colour on other side of web (direct printing)
- Heavy-duty compensator
- Variable-speed motorised dampening
Optional Features :-
- Infra-red web-break detector
- Single-shot grease lubrication for operating side bearings
- Narrow gap Reel-rod blanket cylinder lockup
- Motorised sidelay, circumferential, and unit to unit register control
- Centralized water circulation system with refrigeration unit
- Solid stainless steel plate and blanket cylinders
- Pneumatic on/off
- Brushmist dampening system
- Spray dampening system
- Remote ink control system
- Closed loop colour registration system
- Cloth Dampening :- Comprising one form roller, a chrome-plated oscillating drum, a transfer roller and a motor-driven fountain roller, which can be regulated independently of press speed for precise control, continuous-feed dampening system is reliable and easy to use. Provision has been made to connect to a dampener solution circulation system
Brush Dampening (option)
- The contactless Brushmist Dampening System incorporates independently variable-speed, motorized, stainless steel dampener fountain rollers, chrome-plated dampener vibrator rollers, rubber dampener form rollers and stainless steel trays with inlet/ outlet. This roller train ensures a uniform water film onto the plate mounted on the plate cylinder.
Spray Dampening (option) :-
- Spray Dampening System is provided in place of Film or Brushiest dampening system. It increase efficiency and print quality, reduced start-up-waste, and savings in water and ink. Short payback makes the spray dampening system a necessary accessory for news paper presses.The system has patented valves allowing a higher spraying cycle frequency, delivery of precise water volumes, and uniform dampening of the plate cylinder.
- Manual registration :- It is the most basic and inexpensive method for registration control and comes as a standard accessory. Lateral and circumferential register control is given on machine itself with easy to use attributes.
- Motorized register system (option) :- As an option BPL offers motorized register system, wherein, an operator can adjust registration laterally and circumferentially from a remote desk. This system offers greater control over the press in comparison to manual system and less manpower requirement. With motorized system, press comes with enclosure doors.
- Screw type inking
- Lever type inking (option)
Remote inking (option) :- BPL offers highly efficient remote inking system for its printing units. Each system comprise of 24 segments of the ink fountain, individually driven by its own digitally controlled motor. Individual segments are leak free and move linearly to the ink fountain roller. The ink flow control is done from a centralized computerized console. State-of-the-art software and electronics provide unmatched precision, accuracy and speed in controlling and pre-setting ink fountains.
Remote Ink Control System leads to a huge savings in time and money as its background memory provides for setting the next job while the current job is running.
On / Off Controls
- Manual controls :- Manual on/off control is given on the machine itself for regulating ink, water, and impression.
- Pneumatic Controls (option) :- BPL offers highly reliable pneumatic controls for its presses, whereby, an operator can actuate controls for ink, water, and impression from remote desk. This type of control gives operator greater control over the press and it also helps in reducing paper wastage.
- Shafted :- In this system a single drive shaft goes from the folder to the length of the press, driving each printing unit. In this arrangement high capacity motors are installed on the folder, which powers the entire press
- Shaftless (option) :- The shaftless drive option provides excellent control over web tension from reelstand to folder through electronically synchronized AC motors. Which brings optimum control of the web position at all times. Subsequent benefits in press running are:
1 – Easy synchronization of printing units to a folder
2 – Optimum access throughout the press
3 – Faster, easier plate changer for regional editions
4 – Reliable of AC motor drives